Board, 1 Lower Ford Street
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|Board means 'to board intoxicating liquor'. In some cases the need for a premises to have 'a board', that is a sign board, suggested this name as some places did in fact display a blank board. However, in this case, the Board identified a person sellling beer from their home; in other words a beerhouse under the 1839 Beerhouse Act, the real origin of the 'public house'.
Lucas, Arkwright & Co; Lucas, Blackwell & Arkwight and the Leamington Brewery are the same business.
This was a brewery depot that used the outbuildings attached to the SYDENHAM PALACE|
LICENSEES:1868 Charles Southam
1886 Lucas, Arkwright & Co
1891 Lucas, Blackwell & Arkwright
1894 F. Harrison, Leamington Brewery Co
1896 W. Newman, Leamington Brewery
Website by Rob Orland © 2022