Bell Green (Butcher)
|Became:||Shoulder of Mutton Inn|
|Alternative Addresses:||Old Church Road|
|In 1841 William Butcher ia a coal miner at Sowe and in 1851 a coal hawker in Henley Green, but by 1861 he has become a coal dealer at the Shouder of Mutton.
This pub had a full license from 1841 to 1938 with this short exception.
In 1866 Thomas Hughes conveyed this pub to T. Dewes for £45. In 1874 it had a beerhouse license.
in the 1851 census Thomas Parrish is 39 and a carpenter in King William Street. By 1861 he is 46 and a carpenter at a shop on the east side of Longford North of No 10. In 1871 he is 59 and a carpenter at the Shoulder of Mutton.|
LICENSEES:1868 - 1874 William Butcher
1879 David Shaw
1887 Thomas Parrish (see also Beerhouse New Inn Bridge, 1850 and Beerhouse Walsgrave, 1851)
OWNERS:to 1866 Thomas Hughes
from 1866 T. Dewes
Website by Rob Orland © 2022