Stoke, 18 Church End, Stoke (Fellows)
Address: | 18 Church End, Stoke | ||
Became: | Rose and Crown | ||
Alternative Addresses: | 262 Walsgrave Road, 2 Church Lane | ||
This sign indicates loyalty to the monarch and to England and has done so since the early seventeenth century.
From 1868 to 1876 this was the BEERHOUSE, Stoke. In 1925 the license was surrendered in consideration of the removal of the license of the Oddfellows Arms in Bond Street to the new Rose and Crown, Stoke, which opened on 21st February 1925.
![]() ![]() Walsgrave Road before it was widened and straightened. The original Rose & Crown can be seen in greater detail in the blown up image on the right. (Image courtesy of Coventry Archives. Do not copy without permission.) | |||
LICENSEES:LICENSEES: (Rose and Crown) 1879 Richard Kimberley 1880 Andrew Samuel Fawson 1888 Charles Blockley 1892 - 1913 John Fellows junior 1919 - 1940 Walter H. Cramp 1955 - 1962 Harold L. Styrgess 1985 Albert East | |||
Previous page: Stoke (Walton) | This page: Stoke, 18 Church End, Stoke (Fellows) | Next page: Stoke, 262 Walsgrave Road (Kimberley) |