Butchers Arms, 11 New Buildings
|The Butchers Company was granted arms in 1540.
In 1912 the licensee, W. W. Martin, was described as 'a mineral water manufacturer, bottler of ales and stouts and dealer in pure Devonshire cider!' McKenna claims that he was a brewer, but we have found no other eidence of this, In 1912 there was a planning application for a store and alterations at the pub and the owner is names as H. E. Thornley of the Radford Brewery, Radford Semele|
LICENSEES:1822 - 1823 R. Hyde 1835 Humphrey Payne 1841 Jonathan Liggins 1850 - 1851 John Barnwell 1861 - 1868 Benjamin Beamish 1871 - 1910 James Johnson 1911 - 1912 Herbert A. Beaumont 1912 - 1913 W. Martin (also see above) 1929 - 1932 Clara Augusta Martin
Street plan of 1851