Crown, 13 Cook Street
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|Well over 500 pubs have this name, reflecting the popularity of an inn sign that has been used for some six hundred years. It is a simple visual symbol, easy to illustrate and easy to recognise whilst at the same time it demonstrates loyalty to the reigning monarch.
This pub later became the LAMP TAVERN.|
LICENSEES:1850 - 1851 George Tandy 1861 - 1863 John Lester victualler and ribbon weaver 1868 - 1870 James Hewitt 1870 Thomas Newman
Street plan of 1851