George Hotel, 30-31 Yardley Street
|This name originally referred to St George, the patron saint of England (though he is often coupled with the dragon). Since 1714, George has been a kingly name in England, six different kings having borne it.
By 1910 this hotel had closed.|
LICENSEES:1868 - 1874 Thomas Pollard 1879 Mrs Jane Pollard 1881 Edward Mealand 1886 Joseph Eld 1890 - 1891 Elizabeth Eld 1893 - 1896 James Tinsley 1903 - 1905 Mrs E. Tinsley 1909 G. S. Skidmore
Street plan of 1893