Pinketts Booth, Oak Lane, Allesley
|Pinkett's Booth is now a placename rather than a building. At one time it was a well known stopping place for drovers. Pinket's Booth, built about 1630, was in reality a pub called the ROYAL OAK. This was Richard Pinkett's alehouse, which was supressed in 1635 for not selling a quart of ale for 1d, which must have been the assize at the time. The suppression was cancelled three years later 'on condition of him giving security for his good conduct'.
This pub may also have been called the RAINBOW at some time.
Website by Rob Orland © 2022