Three Swans, Much Park Street
|Three swans appear on the arms of Richard, provost of Wells, in the fifteenth century.
In 1713 Mary Wale and her son, Thomas Wale, conveyed to John Wykes a new messuage known as the 'Three Swans Inn' on the south side of Much Park Street, comprising five bays, a frontage of 26 feet in all, with a garden that extended to the City Wall.
In 1725 Joseph Ash junior defaulted on a mortgage payment for this pub and it was repossessed by R. Waren who sold it to R. Saunders. In 1735 we learn that it was customary for the Vestry of St. Michael's to adjourn to well-known inns such as the Three Swans, amongst others.|
OWNERS:1713 Mary Wale & Thomas Wale
1713 John Wykes
to 1725 R. Waren
from 1725 R. Saunders
Website by Rob Orland © 2022