Wheatsheaf, 886 Foleshill Road
|Alternative Addresses:||52 Little Heath Road, Old Leicester Road, Little Heath|
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1888||1892||BEERHOUSE, Little Heath|
The wheatsheaf has been a common sign since the seventeenth century and appears in several coats of arms, including the Company of Bakers and the Brewers Company.
In 1828 the Wheatsheaf was used for auctions. In 1837 Martha Chattaway was declared bankrupt and the pub, fixtures and fittings were up for sale.
Between 1888 and 1892 this was the BEERHOUSE, Little Heath, Woodcock. In 1935 this was a Flowers house.
LICENSEES:1837 Martha Chattaway
1845 John Jones
1850 - 1851 James Bullock Evans
1855 - 1866 John Jones
1868 Luke Hewitt
1874 - 1880 Edward Walter Jordan
1900 John Woodcock
1900 - 1913 Arthur Mason
1924 Frederick Bertie Mason
1935 - 1940 J. C. Walden
1955 - 1957 C. J. Walden
1985 J. Singh
Website by Rob Orland © 2022