Zodiac, 9 Bishop Street
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1755||1980||BULLS HEAD INN|
This is an imaginary zone in space divided into twelve parts with the twelve signs of the zodiac contained in them.
The earliest reference is a 1755 letter to a Mrs. Lightoweller whose address was given as'near the Bull's Head, Bishop St. Poole mentions it in 1756.
The name changed to The Zodiac in May 1973 and it continued trading under that name until its closure in 1995.
It had also been called the Sign of the Zodiac previously.|
LICENSEES:1985 A. Pearson
Street plan of 1851
Ye Olde Black Prince