Black Swan, 7 Yardley Street, Hillfields
|Alternative Addresses:||41 Yardley Street, Canterbury Street|
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
Wellington Street 1896, the Black Swan is to the left of the picture on the corner with the lamp post. Photo courtesy of Annewiggy on the Historic Coventry Forum.
This pub is first known from White's directory of 1850, when it is placed in Canterbury Street. From then on it is always in Yardley Street, until closure c1917.|
LICENSEES:1850 - 1858 Christopher Warner 1858 Louisa French 1868 - 1887 Josiah Morton (died 7th May)
Street plan of 1851