Hotel Leofric, Broadgate
The name came from the Earl of Mercia, Lady Godiva's husband, Earl Leofric.
The first building erected in Broadgate, and replacing temperory shops, was Broadgate House in May 1953. The Hotel Leofric and part of the Upper Precinct followed. The hotel and bar opened in 1955. The White Lion in Ironmonger Row was also part of the Leofric building.
In 2012 it was a Travelodge.|