Kings Arms, 18 Cross Cheaping
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|The arms shown depend on the monarch the artist had in mind - a declaration of loyalty.
In 1787 this pub was to let. Then in 1791 it was demolished and a new house built with brewhouse, which continued with the name of Kings Arms. In 1830 the pub was owned by Wheatley's Charity and the tenant was John Byrne, who had a seven year lease for a messuage, brewhouse, yard and premises known by the sign of the Kings Arms. This became the QUEENS ARMS, 18 Cross Cheaping apparently at the accession of Victoria.
Cross Cheaping 1892.
LICENSEES:1822 - 1823 E. Taylor 1828 - 1830 John Byrne
OWNERS:1830 Wheatley's Charity
Street plan of 1851