Mulberry Tree, 20 Jordan Well
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|The leaves of the mulberry tree are used to feed solkworms. Silk weaving was at one time the staple industry of Coventry
In 1849 the brewing plant, fixtures and furniture were sold at the Mulberry Treet. We then have records of two license transfers in 1850 and 1852. By 1858 it was known as the GENERAL HAVELOCK.
LICENSEES:LICENSEES: (the MULBERRY TREE) 1841 Joseph Adler 1845 William Warden 1849 Mr Howkins 1850 John Andrews 1850 - 1851 John Coling 1852 Benjamin Smart 1852 William Warden LICENSEES: (GENERAL HAVELOCK) 1858 Thomas Poultnery 1861 John Deeming
Street plan of 1851