What was once the Penny Black is now residential properties called 'Penny Black House'
This pub was close to the old central Coventry sorting office in Salt Lane/Warwick Lane.Tthe Penny Black was the name of the first adhesive postage stamp, issued in 1840. It bore the head of Queen Victoria.
The pub opened on 15th June 1968 on the site of the former QUEENS HEAD HOTEL. In 1982 it was described as 'popular with the younger drinkers. Upstairs room used for discos and meetings'. By 2010 it had closed and become a shop and is now residential flats.|
Website by Rob Orland © 2022