Phoenix Bar, High Street
|Alternative Addresses:||Little Park Street|
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|2001||present||EARL OF MERCIA|
The former bank on the corner of the High Street and Little Park Street became a pub in the early 1990s called Cassidy's.
The building opened in June 1896 as the London and Midland Bank, later the Midland Bank . In the early 1990s it became CASSIDY'S, then in 1994 became the PHOENIX BAR with the comment 'The Phoenix rose from Cassidy's ashes'. At this time it was purchased by Mansfield Brewery.
The name changed again in 1996 to LLOYDS NO.1, and then to the EARL OF MERCIA in 2001.|
Website by Rob Orland © 2022