Plume of Feathers, Gosford Street
|This is a reference to the plume of three ostrich feathers first adopted as a crest by the Black Prince. It now represents the Prince of Wales.
In 1756 two soldiers were billeted here.
In the Coventry Mercury of 14th April 1837 the furniture, brewing items etc. were advertised for sale. Presumably this is the date that it closed.
Gosford Street 1912. (Photo courtesy of David Fry.)