Rainbow, 15 Cook Street
|The Rainbow has been used since the seventeenth century. Its distinctive shape and colours make it a good visual sign whilst it may also refer to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
In 1907 the police objected to this license but it was renewed by the Justices anyway. It closed on 21st July 1913 and became a shop.|
LICENSEES:1822 - 1835 William Jackson 1841 Edwatd Berry Freckleton 1850 - 1851 Thomas Elton 1861 - 1871 Josiah Stokes 1874 - 1879 Joseph Stokes 1881 W. Moy 1886 Thomas Cluff 1890 - 1891 H. H. Makepeace 1893 H. Miles 1894 C. Miles 1896 T. C. Pearson 1903 - 1913 Herbert William Suddens 1919 Arthur Gordon Kendrick
Street plan of 1851