Three Tuns, High Street
|A tun is a large cask containing wine or other liquids, with a capacity of two pipes, or four hogsheads, or 252 old wine gallons. Three tuns appear on the arms of the Worshipful Company of Vintners and the Worshipful Company of Brewers.
In 1728 this pub was leased by Benjamin Brockhurst senior to Benjamin Brockhurst junior and Sandy Littleton.
In 1756 four soldiers were billeted here.
The pub closed on 22nd March 1784 and the brewing utensils, fixtures and fittings were put up for sale.
High Street looking east in the early 1900s.