White Friar, 76 Much Park Street
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1888||OLD FRIAR INN|
|William Reading at 76 Much Park Street, who had been a stonemason, opened the WHITE FRIAR Public House c1851 and continued until c1874. This is the pub on the south side of Much Park Street, just as it becomes London Road, not to be confused with the WHITE FRIAR TAVERN on the north corner of Much Park and Whitefriars Streets.
On the Ordnance Survey map of 1888 this pub is labelled the OLD FRIAR INN.|
Street plan of 1851