Dyers Arms, 152 Spon Street
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1759||?||THREE JOLLY DYERS, JOLLY DYERS|
|The dyers conducted their trade in Spon End, using water from the River Sherbourne, which enters the city here from the west. Here they dyed 'Coventry Blue' cloth.
This pub at 152 Spon Street is not to be confused with the Old Dyers Arms at 4 Spon End. In 1850 it was used for an inquest into a suicide an in 1917 it closed and became a shop.|
LICENSEES:1822 - 1823 J. Cook 1841 Joseph Beech 1845 - 1851 Edward Walmsley 1861 - 1871 Thomas North 1874 J. Jelly 1879 - 1881 John Nicklin 1886 A. Nicklin 1890 - 1891 F. North 1893 - 1909 Thomas Essex 1911 - 1912 Frederick Grazier 1912 - 1913 James Guise
Street plan of 1851