Gas Tavern, 26 Gas Street
|Alternative Addresses:||25 Gas Street|
This is named after the original Coventry gas works which was in the same street.
In 1854 the Gas Tavern is advertised to let. It closed on 12th October 1964.|
LICENSEES:1868 Walter Beaumont 1874 D. Sidwell 1879 - 1886 Joseph S. Franklin 1890 - 1893 R. Scrivener 1894 - 1910 Herbert A. Beaumont & decorator 1911 - 1932 Frank Jackson 1933 - 1940 Mrs L. Jackson 1960 onwards Thomas G. Baxter (see above) Jesse Webb (see also Hill Cross Tavern, Abbots Lane 1958 - 61, and Brewer and Baker, East Street)
Street plan of 1939