Hertford Arms, 116 Far Gosford Street
Did the name come from the Earls of Hertford?
In 1835 and 1850 this was the BEERHOUSE, Far Gosford Street. On 27th August 1852 a license was granted to John Walker for the Hertford Arms.
In 1876 it was leased by Henry Bird from J. Walton for £24 per annum.
It is described as two storey brick with a cornice, deep entablature and quoins either side. A central doorway with pediment over door and windows and flanked by fluted pilasters.
LICENSEES:1852 John Walker
1861 - 1879 Henry Bird
1881 - 1891 Hannah Bird
1893 - 1894 Henry Bird
1896 - 1896 John H. Rowe
1903 James T. Martin
1905 - 1913 Edward Richard Warden
1919 - 1922 Mrs Sarah Warden
1924 - 1940 A. Dearden
1962 F. H. Ashton
1960s Stanley Wilson (see also New Inn, Craven Street)
1970 Reginald Close
Website by Rob Orland © 2022