Jailhouse, Much Park Street
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1756||1841||CROWN AND ANCHOR|
This name came from the proximity of the pub to the Little Park Street Police Station.
Until 1999 this was the GREYHOUND (left). From that time bands played in the back room and the pub lost its historic character.
In 2010 it closed and has been demolished.|
LICENSEES:1835 - 1841 Thomas Ward 1850 - 1861 William Standbridge 1861 - 1905 Reuben Standbridge 1909 - 1919 Herbert R. Standbridge 1921 - 1927 S. Daffern 1929 A. R. Manley 1931 - 1932 A. C. Greenway 1937 - 1938 C. J. Jones 1939 - 1940 Mrs. M. H. Jones 1982 Craig Robinson
Street plan of 1851