Junction Arms, Junction Street, Hillfields
|Alternative Addresses:||St. Peters Street|
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|The name Junction Arms was first known from an advertisement in the Coventry Standard in November 1853, when it was being sold, and the following month more detail was added to the advertisement, describing the public house as being on the corner of Junction Street and St Peter's Street.
This pub name changed when Junction Street became Vine Street in 1879, it closed shortly afterwards and became a private dwelling. Meanwhile, the Landlord Henry Francis moved, as did the name of the pub, to a new pub at No.8 Cross Street in 1881.
It had an on-beerhouse license from 1896 to 1913.
From 1924 to 1932 it is listed as just the 'VINE INN'. The pub continued to trade as the VINE COTTAGE until c1940.|
LICENSEES:1853 Mr Kenning
Website by Rob Orland © 2022