Old Engine Inn, 270 Bedworth Road, Longford
|Alternative Addresses:||27 Bedworth Road, Longford Road|
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1886||1985||OLD ENGINE INN|
In 1886 the ENGINE INN was advertised in local newspapers as being To Let. The following year it was being referred to as the OLD ENGINE INN.
In 1906 the Old Engine was purchased by Phipps of Northampton for £2,000. In 1982 it was 'a pleasant well decorated pub knocked into a single bar but with a seperate games area.'
Were Mrs Anne Bedder (1876 - 80) and Mrs Anne Edwards (1885 - 1908) the same person, and likewise John (1910) and James (1912) Brindley were probably the same?|
LICENSEES:1885 - 1908 Mrs Anne Edwards
1910 John Brindley
1912 James Brindley
1924 William John Hodson
1926 - 1934 Arthur Albert Hodson
1935 - 1940 G. T. Ellis
1960 - 1962 J. J. Kelly
Robert Trevor Matthews
Website by Rob Orland © 2022