Prince of Wales, Cook Street
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1728||?||BLACK DOG, DOG|
|1856||1868||PRINCE OF WALES|
|A very common sign which often shows Edward (1841 - 1910) eldest son of Queen Victoria, who eventually became Edward VII in 1901. Some signs show Edward II or the Black Prince, both of whom were Prince of Wales.
The last reference to the BLACK DOG is in 1854 and then we have references to the PRINCE OF WALES in the Coventry Standard in 1856 and 1864. It is thought to have closed c1868.|
LICENSEES:1856 William Boyard 1856 Elizabeth Bennet 1861 Bridget Richards 1868 Elizabeth Smith
Street plan of 1851