Ring of Bells, 48 Jordan Well
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1800||1802||RING OF BELLS|
|1868||1870||VAMPIRE, VAMPIRE MUSEUM INN|
|This is often the name used for a pub where the local bell-ringers meet.
The pub is first known from 1800 when it was used for auctions, but within a couple of years became the COCK, although there is mention that soldiers were billeted here as early as 1756, and that a Lease and Release document concerning Coventry Societies dated 8/9 June 1808 states that... 'The Society which met at the RING OF BELLS (Jordan Well) has been dissolved...'.|
Street plan of 1851