Weavers Arms, Bayley Lane
|Alternative Addresses:||Bailey Lane|
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|The Worshipful Company of Weavers (1155) has the longest history of any city guild. Weaving played a vital part in Coventry's economy from the Middle Ages.
In 1794 this was the JOLLY WEAVERS, Bailey Lane. From 1843 to 1851 it was the WEAVERS ARMS and by 1860 it had become the CLARENDON ARMS. The pub closed on 6th August 1938.|
LICENSEES:1845 Charles Twaites 1850 - 1851 William Fitchett
Street plan of 1851