Churchills, Abbey Road, Whitley
|These premises have been known by different names during their history:||FROM||TO||NAME|
|1952||1986||WHITLEY ABBEY HOTEL|
Whitley Mill is on a section of river that runs through a change in bedrock and forms a rather lovely section overshaddowed by the inappropriately designed and sited Raquets Centre at Whitley. The bridge once carried the main route into Coventry. The mill was demolished around 1950.
To c1994 this was the MYSTERIOUS MONK. It only lasted as the Churchill for a few years, from 1994 to 1996, when it closed for ever. The site is now housing.|
Website by Rob Orland © 2022