Dell's Wine and Spirit Vaults, 35 Smithford Street
These premises have been known by different names during their history: | FROM | TO | NAME |
1829 | 1835 | Bath Hotel | |
1835 | 1867 | Dell's Wine and Spirit Vaults | |
1861 | 1871 | Beerhouse | |
1867 | 1882 | Board | |
1882 | 1886 | Old Baths Wine and Spirit Vaults | |
1886 | 1888 | Old Baths Vaults | |
1888 | 1951 | Old Baths Hotel | |
![]() Established in 1829 as the BATH HOTEL, from 1835 to 1867 No. 35 Smithford Street is occupied by John Dell until his early death in 1849, then his son of the same name, both dealers in Wines and Spirits. Dell advertised in September 1867 that the following month he would be moving his Wine and Spirit business to the "extensive premises, No. 1, Smithford Street" - later to become the Coventry Arms. From 1867 No. 35 became the BOARD. | |||
LICENSEES:1835 Edward Cherry 1835 - 1849 John Dell, Wine merchant (died 19th Sep 1849) 1849? - 1867 John Dell (son of above) | |||
![]() Street plan of 1851 | |||
Previous page: Dell's Wine and Spirit Vaults | This page: Dell's Wine and Spirit Vaults | Next page: Denbigh Arms |