Old Baths Vaults, 35 Smithford Street
These premises have been known by different names during their history: | FROM | TO | NAME |
1829 | 1835 | Bath Hotel | |
1835 | 1867 | Dell's Wine and Spirit Vaults | |
1861 | 1871 | Beerhouse | |
1867 | 1882 | Board | |
1882 | 1886 | Old Baths Wine and Spirit Vaults | |
1886 | 1888 | Old Baths Vaults | |
1888 | 1951 | Old Baths Hotel | |
![]() Established in 1829 as the BATH HOTEL, from 1835 the premises became DELL'S WINE AND SPIRITS VAULTS. From 1867 until December 1882 it is called the BOARD, but from late that month Thomas Ball advertised to let his friends and the public know that the old established premises are to be known as THE OLD BATHS WINE AND SPIRIT VAULTS. During William Denbigh's short tenancy, from November 1886 to January 1888 he advertised it as the OLD BATHS VAULTS. From 1888 when Jane Hitchins took over the license it became the OLD BATHS HOTEL, a name that stuck until closure in 1951. | |||
LICENSEES:1886 - 1888 William Denbigh (Nov '86 to Jan '88) | |||
![]() Street plan of 1851 | |||
Previous page: Old Baths Hotel | This page: Old Baths Vaults | Next page: Old Baths Wine and Spirit Vaults |