Crown and Anchor, 37 Bishop Street
These premises have been known by different names during their history: | FROM | TO | NAME |
1748 | ? | Crown and Anchor | |
1774 | 1869 | Bull and Anchor | |
1858 | 1860 | Rutland Arms | |
1869 | 1931 | Olde Bull and Anchor | |
![]() This is the badge of the Lord High Admiral and also the arm-badge of the Royal Navy's petty officers. Retired seamen who became licensees were fond of the name. | |||
![]() Street plan of 1851 | |||
Previous page: Crown (Le Crown) | This page: Crown and Anchor | Next page: Crown and Anchor |